the randomness that I call my life

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Top 20 Favorite 80s Songs

Ok, so I'm bored.
I couldn't think of what I should talk about. I decided this would be fun. I'll probably forget some really good songs and want to change them later....but for now, here's my top 20 favorite 80s songs: (and yes I originally started with top 10 but couldn't narrow it down.)

20. "Just Another Day" by Oingo Boingo
19. "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money
18. "Don't Get Me Wrong" by The Pretenders
17. "Like A Prayer" by Madonna
16. "Things Can Only Get Better" by Howard Jones
15. "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order
14. "Don't Lose My Number" by Phil Collins
13. "Tenderness" by General Public
12. "Ride Like the Wind" by Christopher Cross
11. "Rio" by Duran Duran
10. "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel
9. "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates
8. "Let's Dance" by David Bowie
7. "Rock the Casbah" by The Clash
6. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" by Michael Jackson
5. "With or Without You" by U2
4. "Father Figure" by George Michael
3. "When Doves Cry" by Prince
2. "Close To You" by The Cure
And the number one song of the 80s is
1. "Take On Me" by a-ha :)

There you have it. My favorite 80s songs. And I have to give Honerable Mention to Escape Club's "Wild Wild West". Not because it's a great song, but because when it first came out I happened to record it off the radio and Larilyn and I would jump on our beds and sing along to it. (obviously not knowing what it was about) That stopped when our mom heard us and took the tape away. Parents. Sheesh. ;)

Do you guys agree with any of mine?? Disagree with all of them?? What are yours?? Let's share. ;)
I know somebody is going to mention one and I'll go "OH YEAH!!"

7 Comments:

  • Umm, HELLO! What about my favorite song of all time???

    The Promise, by When in Rome should definitely be on your list.

    Ahhh...jumping up and down on our beds, singing the only part we know...."living in the wild, wild west!" We were so naive....dang parents. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

  • I can't believe there is even a list of 80's songs anywhere without any hair bands on it. Really. My whole list would be that. No Bon Jovi, or Poison, or Motley Crue or anything? YIKES! I must have been at a whole different point in the 80's... cause I'm older than you, maybe? Off to make my list... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

  • I'm with Holly...There has to be some big hair on their and was, Love the Boingo though, I miss them....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • sorry about the no hair bands. Not that I don't like them, but it's just not my top songs. I guess I'm more into the pop part of 80s music. Believe me, I had a hard time narrowing these down. And yes, I was only born in 1980, so I was pretty young. :p

    crap....I should have put "Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns and Roses on there. That's one of my favorites. See, I knew this would happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • I love GNR...

    I totally LOVED the purple rain album, I think I wore out the vinyl on that one.

    I think this is nearly an impossible list to put together, mostly though cause this was my high school years, and you know how music and high school are so closely intertwined.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

  • I had concert tickets for A-Ha and the concert got cancelled! Man was I upset and they never rescheduled it either!

    The "Take on Me" video is one of the most memorable music videos ever!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:56 PM  

  • You can't have my favorite song of all time!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home