the randomness that I call my life

Sunday, March 05, 2006

thoughts.......or something like that

Sundays.......are good. But only lead to one horrible thing......Mondays.

The Oscars were on tonight!! Woo hoo! I watched a good portion of them. I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with Jon Stewart as the host. I like him and all, but I just don't think he did that great of job as a host. One line he said that I thought was pretty funny was "I do have some sad news to report: Bjork could not be here. She was trying on her Oscars dress and Dick Cheney shot her." I think the best part of the whole show was when Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep were on stage (possibly drunk) giving out the special Oscar award. I was bummed that Brokeback Mountain didn't get best picture and Heath Ledger didn't win for best actor. I guess maybe I was a bit biased seeing as how Brokeback Mountain was the only nominated movie I had seen....but it is such a good movie! I know people don't want to go see the movie about gay cowboys...but it's not really about that. I think most anybody can relate to this movie. And the music is incredible! I really need to go buy the soundtrack. I'm glad they won in that catergory. :)
I need to add Crash to my Netflix list. I've heard from everybody that I know that has seen it that it is an awesome movie. Obiviously the Academy concurs with that.

Not much else is new around here.....I've been busy (slowly) putting all my cd's onto my new computer. When you have 800+ cds that takes quite a bit of time. I'm a little over halfway through now and I have about 20 gigs of music on the computer already. I would have no problem filling up that Ipod that holds 7500 songs.

Um.........I guess that's all I feel like talking about.....I'll leave you with a movie quote, from Jennifer Coolidge's character in A Mighty Wind:
"Thank God for the model trains, you know? If they didn't have the model trains they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains."

6 Comments:

  • Wow Ralelle, you do have quite a little CD collection, don't you? ;)

    My recent CD purchase? Toddlers sing Children's Classics. LOL

    By Blogger Traci, at 3:41 PM  

  • Hmmmm.....nope, don't have that one. ;) Well I justify my cd collection since Paul and I are trying to start up the dj business. Plus, music really is my life, so you can't have too much of it. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:56 PM  

  • Very cool Kerri. I have yet to follow the Ipod trend. But more and more I'm thinking it's going to be a nescesity.
    And that's great that you named yours Jack. I LOVE that name. If I ever have a kid....which right now I'm in my "never having children" phase, so it's unlikely.....I would name him Jack.
    My pirate monkey's name is Jack. (and I have to say it like that. If I just say Jack the monkey it sounds dirty.) ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:39 PM  

  • Dirty dirty dirty!!

    Relle-y, you should at least try to excuse yourself by pointing out that you have also borrowed your siblings cd's, so really, you're not THAT obsessed with CD's. ;)

    By Blogger Larilyn, at 9:46 PM  

  • Except that would only be a total of like 15 cds.....so compared to my several hundred that's nothing. :p

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:32 PM  

  • Still, that's less than what you were previously claiming!

    By Blogger Larilyn, at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home