the randomness that I call my life

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

American Idol and other ramblings.....

So I watched American Idol tonight. I really don't watch it, but I just happened to be in the room while it was on. So I guess tonight's show was all about Stevie Wonder, which is great, because I LOVE Stevie Wonder. But I can't even imagine having to sit at a piano with the man and singing one of his songs right there in front of him. Talk about pressure. There is no way I could do that. Not that I can sing or anything....but, you know. I won't even comment on the one blonde girl who didn't even know who he was. (Except: How on earth can you not know who Stevie Wonder is?!?!?! She must of lived under a rock in North Carolina.)
I can't say that I was overly impressed with any of the people on there, but I didn't see the whole show. I did like Mandisa (sp??). I thought she did a really good job with her song and has a really good voice. I didn't see Ace perform, but I've heard a lot about him, so I went to the AI website.....Hello! He is not bad to look at. If he can sing as well as I've heard people say, you can sign me up for that. :) Ok....moving on....

Has anybody seen the Dove movies that were made with old tv shows and Felicity Huffman?? It's funny to see her interact with the characters on the Brady Bunch. I really like Felicity Huffman, so maybe I'm biased, but you should check it out if you haven't seen it:
http://www.dovenight.com

Since I'm talking about commercials:
I HATE...I repeat....I HATE those freakin commercials for doublemint mints. I would die happily if I never had to see those again. The song is sooooooooooooo annoying. Here is one of them. You can be annoyed with me. :)

My weekend was pretty good. Friday night I had a Princess House party. It went ok. Not a lot of people showed up. I think that was mostly due to the nasty winter storm we were having. But I still got several orders and did fairly well. We are having another one this Saturday, so if you are in town and want to come by, feel free. :) Saturday was fairly uneventful, which was very nice since it was rainy and blah. Sunday was Disneyland with several friends. That was a lot of fun. Possibly due to the fact that when we arrived at 3:30 we first headed straight for the bar at the hotel. I won't say anymore about that....but a good time was had by all. We ended up staying until midnight, even though most of us had to work the next day, so I was dragging pretty bad on Monday.

So....I think that's it for now. I must find something productive to do. I'll leave you with a movie quote from one of the greatest movies ever, What's Up Doc?:
"Steve, you didn't tell me you were married!"
"We're not married."
"Congratulations!"
"But we will be soon."
"Condolences."

2 Comments:

  • I like Felicity Huffman too, but alas I have not seen the commercials and of course the link you provided doesn't work here from my office computer (darn those firewalls).

    Now spending time at a bar in Disneyland sounds like my kind of night.

    Take care.

    By Blogger Traci, at 2:34 PM  

  • Note to self: make fun of L1 for saying "princess party".

    I guess I'll click on the link before I make fun of you too much.

    :0)

    By Blogger Amber, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home