the randomness that I call my life

Friday, June 09, 2006

It's finally here!!!!

BAN-FREAKIN-ANA!!!!!!

It's finally here!! :)

can you tell I'm excited?? No?? Ok. But really, I am. I'm so excited to see all my out of town Disney friends that I hardly ever get to see. And I'm so excited to finally meet John and Scott. It's going to be a good weekend.

Anyway....last night was my trip to the Whaley House!! Unfortunately I think I had built it up in my head too much. It was cool to see and to read all the history about it and stuff, but I think I was expecting to have some "supernatural" (or whatever you want to call it) experience. And of course, I didn't, so that was kind of a let down. I did get some cool pictures though....with lots of orbs. I would really love to go there in the middle of the night with just a couple of people sometime....but that's not going to happen since the latest they ever stay open is 11, and it's in the middle of Old Town San Diego with is always way crowded. It's a hot spot with lots of bars and restaurants and such. And a big tourist place also. So it's always really noisey. I'm hoping my friend Patty got some better pictures than I did, but I haven't seen them yet. She took over 100 pictures I think. If she has any good ones I will post them later also.

Here's some orb pictures I took:
In the courthouse (San Diego's first courthouse actually) Notice the orb a little above and to the left of the books on the table
Another one in the courthouse....and orb next to the flag pole.
My friends Patty, Hillary and Paul in the courthouse.
The back balcony, where the ghost of a woman has been seen crying on several occasions.The theater. It was San Diego's first theater and there was a little stage in here. Notice the two orbs right in the middle of the picture.
Here's the cool looking piano that was in the theater.
Paul and Hillary on the front porch. :)
And then here's the picture that freaked me out when I first looked at it on the computer:


But then I realized that it was just my own reflection. I had a jacket with a white stripe down the arms on. This room had glass in front of it. It freaked me out at first though.

Anyway....overall it was a fun time. I'd like to go back and take more pictures. They had a book there with pictures that people had taken and sent in. They creepiest one was of a little boy and you could see his shadow on the wall and there was another shadow directly behind it. It didn't have any kind of a profile though....just a dark shadow. Creepy.

And just because I can....here's a movie quote, from Fight Club:
"You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?"
"So you can breath?"
"Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric....docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces....calm as Hindu cows."
"That's, um... That's an interesting theory."

4 Comments:

  • I'm excited they are all here too. Hopefully all will go well.

    Neat pictures LaRelle!! Love the orbs, but did you check to see if your lens was clean?? LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM  

  • You silly woman....of course my lens was clean. The orbs weren't in ALL the pictures I took. I took like 40 and they were in like 10 of them. :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  

  • Bananas are all gone :(

    But I had a fantabulous time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Curious to hear the reaction to the Scott/John Meeting. And wow, aren't Larilyn and Emily just separated at birth ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

  • What can I say? My ability to get along really well with jr. high kids is a knack I have! Everyone else on the planet thinks I'm crazy that that's the age group that I just love to work with.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home