the randomness that I call my life

Monday, November 13, 2006

Not to detract from Florida pictures....but.....

Monica's Holiday questionaire was too good to pass up, so here ya go. And if you actually make it to the end there's a few pictures for ya.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate. I do usually have a glass or two of egg nog around Christmas, but it's too strong for me so I usually put have egg nog and half milk.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? As a kid Santa would usually just set them around the tree. I don't think Santa bothers to bring me anything anymore. haha
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like both, but I think I prefer colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I am this year!! (shout out to Hillary) ;) lol
5. When do you put your decorations up? There should be a national law that nothing Christmas related can be put up until the day after Thanksgiving. I guess we usually do it like 2 weeks before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? probably my mom's homemade rolls. I think I'm drooling now.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I really don't remember much. I do remember driving home from our big Christmas Eve get togethers and looking out the window up into the sky for Santa. We always do a lot of Swedish traditions on Christmas Eve...that's always fun.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth about Santa?? Is he a woman? For the love of God, please don't tell me that he's a woman. Somebody's going to have to fill me in on this one.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We usually exchange our gifts with aunts, uncles and cousins then. And some of my friends and I have in the past exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With lights and random ornaments collected and made over the years.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's pretty to look at. Hate to live in it. Deathly afraid of driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Not without falling a million times....but it can be done.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? um.....all of them. There isn't really one in particular that stands out.
But my friends and family are awesome and always get me great gifts.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family. And my friends too. :)
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? My aunt's rice pudding. YUM!! (am I drooling again?)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Like I said above, probably our Christmas Eve get togethers
17. What tops your tree? An angel my mom made
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I LOVE LOVE LOVE giving gifts to people. It's fun to shop and
find stuff that you know people will like. :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the Bells. Preferably the Mannheim Steamroller version
20. Candy Canes! yuck or yummy?
Yuck
21. Fave Christmas Movie? I love a lot of them. A Christmas Story is definitely towards the top of that list. Nightmare Before Christmas, Scrooge, Muppet Christmas Carol, and White Christmas are all definitely up there. And I'll throw in a plug for Rent just because it takes place during Christmas ;)

I can't believe Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK!!!
Here's a few pictures from this weekend at Disneyland:


Me, Hillary and Paul in front of Small World Holiday.

The reindeer at Santa's Reindeer Roundup. It's pretty cool to see real reindeer.

BOYS! If you've seen Hocus Pocus you will hopefully understand.

But if you haven't then you will probably just look at us like Paul did. ;)


I've got a blackbelt in crazy
More Florida pictures coming soon!!

6 Comments:

  • A blackbelt in Crazy! LOL

    By Blogger Lola, at 8:46 AM  

  • Gee, and I thought maybe after you guys ate you would want to meet up again. :(

    Great pictures though.

    By Blogger Traci, at 10:07 AM  

  • You're a nut...you're gonna hurt my feelings with the law on decorating too eary and just for the record...no Santa is not a girl!!

    By Blogger monica, at 12:41 PM  

  • Is L1 wearing a cute girly light blue shirt?!? Love it!

    By Blogger Amber, at 4:31 PM  

  • Monica, don't feel alone. LaRelle has harassed me my entire life for my love of Christmas and my eagerness to decorate early, play music in the summer, and wrap other people's presents. ;)

    By Blogger Larilyn, at 10:32 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing......well except for one of the pictures....it's tough to type after gouging my eyes out from the sight

    By Blogger Kingmsmn67, at 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home